Our team, Youth Minister Clare Kolenda, Sacramental Coordinator Angel Koerkel, Director of Faith Formation Todd Gale, and the rest of the staff are determined to offer consistent, excellent opportunities from pre-school to senior adult. We are praying and working hard to make our ministries attractive, winsome, and rich in authentic Catholicism.
One of the things we’ve discovered that is revolutionizing other parishes is the integration of more and more parental opportunities along with the kids, making sure moms and dads have the same exposures as their children! Formation should be lifelong and occasional, instead we typically have made it constant until 8th or 12th grade, and then it terminates.
This year we are trying something new! Here are some new things coming to our program:
- We will be meeting every other weekend, the 2nd and 4th Sundays of the month.
- The time will start a half hour earlier, the new time being 9:30 a.m.- 11:30 a.m.
- We are presenting an essential Parent Class. We will stop short of saying the adult class is “mandatory”… but we will say it is extremely important, highly-recommended, and we will have some gentle harassment for non-attenders. 🙂
- Middle Schoolers will meet at a later time from the elementary grades. 6th through 8th graders will meet 3:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. at the St. John Social Center, in the office building near the Church.
- We will combine grades according to our hand-out series, Pflaum Weeklies: Pre-School 3 & 4 year olds / K and 1st / 2nd and 3rd / 4th and 5th. Although 2nd grade will be independent often for sacramental preparation.
If you have any questions, please contact Clare Kolenda, Todd Gale, or Angel Koerkel!