And suddenly there came from the sky a noise like a strong driving wind, and it filled the entire house in which they were. Then there appeared to them tongues as of fire, which parted and came to rest on each one of them. And they were all filled with the holy Spirit and began to speak in different tongues, as the Spirit enabled them to proclaim. ~ Acts 2:2-4
Confirmation at St. John the Evangelist
From this fact, Confirmation brings an increase and deepening of baptismal grace:
– it roots us more deeply in the divine filiation which makes us cry, “Abba! Father!”;
– it unites us more firmly to Christ;
– it increases the gifts of the Holy Spirit in us;
– it renders our bond with the Church more perfect;
– it gives us a special strength of the Holy Spirit to spread and defend the faith by word and action as true witnesses of Christ, to confess the name of Christ boldly, and never to be ashamed of the Cross
— Catechism of the Catholic Church, 1303
For Middle School and High School age
Students typically celebrate the sacrament of Confirmation in the fall of their 9th grade year, with their preparation time starting about two years earlier.
Preparation includes a Confirmation retreat and monthly essential meetings with Confirmation students. You must fill out the request form below to receive online updates and information about participating in this Sacrament! We strongly encourage youth to attend youth group during this time to go through this process in community with their peers. Click here for more details on youth group.
For more information contact Clare DeWitt at the Parish Office.
If you are an adult who is interested in receiving Confirmation in the Catholic Church — either you were baptized Catholic but did not celebrate Confirmation previously, or you are coming from another faith background and would like to explore what it means to be Catholic — please contact Todd Gale at firstname.lastname@example.org.